SYSTEMS & STORAGE ENGINEER
Title: Systems & Storage Engineer
Reports To: Manager of Professional Services
Location: Western Region: CA, OR or WA
Department: Engineering / Professional Services
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to: acting as the technical liaison between the customer, sales department and vendors to provide technical expertise in analyzing customer’s requirements, recommending solutions and assisting the sales department and other engineers with the development of proposals, quotations and presentations. Post sales and Implementation projects. This includes the ownership for the technical sales cycle and while working closely with the sales people to close business.
- Make recommendations for purchases, engineering and configuration changes
- Must have extensive knowledgeable of storage, systems and data protection.
- Must have extensive experience with Microsoft Exchange, NetApp or Hitachi Data
Systems well as VMware and Veritas.
- Must be a driven, self-motivated individual that requires little direction.
- Must have extensive experience as pre-sales engineer. This person needs to be a pre-sales
expert and will engage the sales force in pre-sales and post-sales opportunities.
- Will assist the Sales team with Pre-Sales and Post-Sales opportunities.
- Willing to assist in the delivery of support and services for Groupware customers as
- Able to build virtual teams of expertise by leveraging internal and external resources.
- Maintains close relationships with the vendor teams.
- Facilitates and conducts product demonstrations, webinars and presentations to
- Proficient in conducting architecture chalk talks and design concepts
- Assists the sales team with requests for bids/proposals
- Excellent communication skills including technical writing skills and will assist sales
with Requests for Quotes/Information.
- Must have extensive hands on experience with Groupware Partners technologies.
- Creates Statements of Work (SOW’s) for proposals and installations.
- Perform storage capacity monitoring and reporting to ensure that adequate data is available to assess the impact of growth trends and application changes
- Assess current hardware and software technology and its applicability to our environment
Physical and Mental Demands of the Job
- Work performed in an office and computer laboratory environment
- Frequent heavy physical effort required such as bending and lifting while carrying computers, servers, network devices and other materials and/or product which can exceed 20lbs
- Stooping, crouching, reaching, and walking are frequently required.
- Required to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work effectively on a computer for long periods of time
- Travel required, perhaps as much as 50%.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time. These relationships include but are not limited to all Groupware employees as well as Groupware’s customers, vendors, independent contractors and visitors.
Position Requirement and Specifications
- 5+ years of professional, solution-based pre-sales experience within the hardware/software data-storage industry.
- Proven track record of successful partnering with sales teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 4 years of practical experience in an IT organization
- Thorough knowledge of Veritas Netbackup running on Linux/Solaris platform
- Experience with Veritas Net backup NDMP and Vault
- Linux certified – RHCE; other IT recognized certification preferred
- Broad understanding of Unix operating systems
- Experience with SAN or NAS network attached storage; NetApp experience Required
- User account creation/administration
- Server backup and data/systems recovery/restores
- Ability to utilize software and hardware diagnostic tools to identify, diagnose and repair complex problems and factors affecting systems performance
- Capability to be on call 24/7/365 to sustain availability and SLA
- Ability and flexibility to perform a number of engineering tasks at one time unsupervised
- Strong team player
Title(s) of Job(s) directly supervised
To apply for this position; please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please